Thursday, June 4, 2009

Projects Projects Projects

Summer is almost here and I'm starting to get the itch to do home projects. We've been in this house for about a year and a half now and I think it's time to start some small do-overs.

The living room/dining room was painted lavender and dark purple when we moved in and I can't say that I'm a big fan of either. It's a fairly open concept house so we painted everything a mushroom colour with accents of cream, brown and blue. I have a brown and blue obsession!

I really want to give James a fun room. He really loves robots and space, so I might do a combo of both as a theme. I already bought him a funky duvet cover from Ikea that kind of looks like molecules. I'll probably sew him up some pillows with a robot or space pattern on them. I built him a little reading nook in his closet with his old crib mattress. Etsy sells really great wall decals made from vinyl. I like these ones.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25043267&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=robots&ga_search_type=category&category=housewares.wall_decal&ga_page=1&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24070181&ref=sr_gallery_16&&ga_search_query=space&ga_search_type=category&category=housewares.wall_decal&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: